16. Oct FRP handrails to Valhall
The world’s 1st FRP phenolic NORSOK offshore handrails.
MSS has entered into an agreement with the operator BP Norway, regarding delivery of 100 meters phenolic-based fire retardant FRP composite handrails, which satisfies the provisions of NORSOK. The handrails branded MARRS OFFSHORE, are developed by the British company Pipex px and will be delivered as prefabricated sections. By delivering the handrails in sections, it reduces the installation time offshore considerably, states a satisfied Managing Director of MSS Kjetil Jacobsen. Delivery and offshore installation will start towards the end of October.
The manufacturer has supplied similar handrails to the Claire Ridge and the Andrew platform, where BP UK is the operator. The Claire Ridge platform has 3400 meters of handrails, 278 security gates and five complete access platforms, all produced in the same fire retardant FRP composite.
MSS can now offer a full range of Access & Safety Solutions in fire retardant FRP composite such as; walkways (grating), stairs, handrails, ladders, safety gates, anti-slip products and safety barricading preventing dropped objects. Estimated weight savings compared to aluminum and steel is from about 20 to 60%.
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Operative friendly – smooth & warm to touch
- Virtually maintenance free – UV protected with non-polyurethane paint options available
- Factory prefabricated panels for fast track installation
- No hot works required
- Safety enhancements – continuous uninterrupted safety/emergency egress hand grips
- Extended service life – 40+ years
In addition, the materials are more environmentally friendly than traditional materials, adds Sales & BD Director in MSS Morten Alstadsæther.